Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cookie Sale for Charity! GO GRETA!

Hello all! I have some very exciting news! My friend Greta is training to run in the Boston Marathon this year, and in order to do so, she has to raise at least $5,000  (her goal is $10,000!!) for Boston Medical Center's Pediatric Fitness and  Nutrition for Life  Program . A daunting task, I know. SO...I have decided to sell some of my homemade cookies right here on Eat to the Beat! to help her achieve her goal!
**Sidebar:  (Yes, I realize how hypocritical it is to sell buttery, sugary cookies to raise money for a fitness and nutrition program. Just think of it as an exercise in moderation.)**

How it Works: 
Head on over to the Etsy shop I set up for this event at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/eatothebeat . Every penny in the listed price of the cookies is going to be donated to Greta's fundraising efforts!

All orders must be placed by 12:00 a.m. on Feburary 5, 2012

Baking day is Sunday, February 5, 2012. 

If you are local to Boston and would like to pick up your cookies, I'll be in the lobby of the Boston University School of Medicine L-building  on Monday, February 6, 2012 from 2 pm- 7 pm. 


OR

 If would like your cookies shipped to you, they will be dropped off at the post office in the morning on Monday, February 6, 2012. Unfortunately I am a student and unpaid intern, so if you choose to have your cookies shipped, you will have to pay for that in addition to the price of the cookies. (Sorry!) I'm not sure about the rules for shipping food across international borders, so this offer will be limited to friends in the U.S. Shipping details are listed on the Etsy site.

Don't need any cookies but still want to help out?
You can go to Greta's fundraising page here to make a donation.


Here is a preview of the listings:















Happy Shopping! And Thanks for your help!



1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I just tweeted and shared this on Facebook :) I hope this goes well!

    ReplyDelete