Friday, February 17, 2012

Strawberry Yogurt Breakfast Parfait

1) THANK YOU SO MUCH  to everyone who helped Greta and me raise $142 with our online bake sale!
2) This week has been incredibly busy! I had a lot of catching up to do after the bake sale. Luckily, in Florida, strawberry season is here!  To me, the arrival of the first Plant City strawberries in these Boston grocery stores is the first glimmer of Spring. I have been fueling my days with the same breakfast all week: a simple yogurt parfait. It's an easy way to bring a little health, and I think a little luxury to even the busiest mornings.

Strawberry Yogurt Breakfast Parfait
1 cup(-ish )  plain Greek yogurt
5 or 6 Strawberries- rinsed, dried and cut into quarters
1/4 cup raw, rolled oats
 about 2 tbsp  honey

In your cup (or bowl) carefully spoon in the yogurt so the sides are clean ( it's pretty that way). Layer on the strawberries, sprinkle the oats on top and drizzle with honey. 

That's it. Is that even really a recipe? 

Anyway, I've been thoroughly enjoying it,  and I hope you will too! 

** bonus instructions...put on this beautiful cover of Bob Marley's "Is This Love" while you're eating your breakfast because you deserve at least three and half minutes of heaven to start your day. 



xo

No comments:

Post a Comment