Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Recipe Round-Up

I'm trying out a little bit of a change for the new year. Let me know how you like it, okay?

Here is a round up of some of the things I've been bringing to my kitchen lately:


The recipe calls for browning some ground beef, but I've seen people have success with chunks or slices of beef. Or, you can really go outside the box and add cubed turkey breast, like I did. If you're using meat that's already cooked, just throw it in with the soup so it doesn't get dried out. Also, I subbed macaroni noodles for egg noodles for the first night, and used pad thai noodles for the left overs. Both were tasty. I think it wouldn't hurt to saute some sliced mushrooms with the onions as well... 

Rapid Roastini



Trader Joe's sells some pretty good whole wheat gnocchi that do well in this capacity. I make them almost weekly.  Most of the time I cook them as a healthy alternative french fries, but today I made these and smothered them in gravy as a side for roast chicken. Delicious. Nigella is a genius!

Frozen Cookie Balls


I did this with several batches of Christmas cookie dough. I have snickerdoodles in the picture, but it works well with any drop cookie, like chocolate chip!  Not only was I able to exercise portion control, but I was able just bake up some cookies at a moments notice. I did so for a dinner party recently and it was so nice to arrive without any stress, on time, and with beautiful cookies!


Finally, I went to see one of my very favorite bands play their 10 year anniversary show for the hometown crowd, this weekend. It was a blast and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment