Monday, December 27, 2010

Spoonbread

Although our apartment is located North of the Mason-Dixon Line, it's heart is decidedly Southern. So, naturally, we havethe requisite ham, greens , and black eyed peas for dinner on New Year's Day. I received the Heirloom Baking with the Brass Sisters, and I've decided to try "Lannie's Lord Have Mercy Sweet Potato Pie" for dessert. I'm cutting the recipe in half, since one pie is PLENTY for two people. Fingers crossed for successful pie making! At any rate, I'm also making my Aunt Chris's Spoonbread, which is SO EASY, and it's a nice step up from every day cornbread. Happy New Year!




Aunt Chris's Spoonbread


1 package Jiffy corn bread mix

1- 15 oz can cream corn

2 eggs, slightly beaten

1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Grease an 8-inch pan. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring by hand. Pour into pan and bake for 45 minutes.

True story- every time I say "spoonbread", I sing it like this:







1 comment:

  1. Can I put in a request for some coooookies now??
    -Kristina

    ReplyDelete