Monday, November 28, 2011

Nutella Frosting

This year for my birthday, I did not make anything special with the cake...just yellow cake with "funfetti" (stir in jimmies to any light colored cake batter for a festive flecking of color). The frosting, on the other hand, was a luxurious tasting Nutella butter cream! It was very easy to make and "poshed up" the cake quite nicely. I'm sorry, there are no photos of my cake, but for the record, it just looks like fluffy chocolate frosting. I'm going to give you a small amount based on how much stuff you need, per stick of butter. But you'll probably be better off with 1.5x  as much as this recipe makes for a two layer 9-inch cake.  This frosting is good for those, like myself, who don't like frosting that is too sweet.

Nutella Butter Cream
 1 stick  (1/2 cup) softened, unsalted butter
1/2 cup Nutella
1 tsp dutch process cocoa

Whip the butter in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer. When it is smooth add the Nutella, and cocoa. Whip until thoroughly combined, and frost your cake! This is so easy, it's almost not a recipe! 



Turning 25...it's kind of like that. (Except Rebecca Black is NOT invited.)

No comments:

Post a Comment