Monday, May 9, 2011

No Sweeteners Added Smoothie

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I am a sugar ADDICT. Sometimes I feel like it's a chicken and egg problem. Do I love to bake because I'm addicted to sugar? OR, am I addicted to sugar because I love to bake? Brad and I also have a really bad ice cream problem. I think it's something about the ice cream tradition in New England. It's custard based, so it's rich and tasty! And the flavors! Don't get me started. At any rate, I'm trying to curb my cravings by increasing my fruit intake. Enter the smoothie! I've started just popping the fruit I don't get to finish into the freezer when it's just over ripe. This preserves the fruit at it's sweetest. Then on days when I would have ice cream, I whip up this smoothie!


1 cup of frozen fruit, chopped into 1-2 inch pieces*
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup milk

Use a blender or food processor to liquefy to the desired consistency. This recipe is rather thick, more like a milk shake than a smoothie. Just add more milk until it's where you like it.

Take your smoothie to a viewing of the sunset and play this whole album from beginning to end. Does it get any smoother than this? I think not.



*The smoothie in the photo is made up of equal parts pineapple, strawberry and banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment